Colorado hunting season Dates
Archery.August 27th-September 25th
uzzleloading. September 10th-18th (draw only)
- 1st: Separate Limited Elk.October 15th-19th (draw only)
- 2nd: Combined Deer/Elk.October 22nd-30th
- 3rd: Combined Deer/Elk.Nov. 5th - Nov. 13th
- 4th: Combined Deer/Elk.November 16th-20th (draw only)
- Late (Private Land - Cow Only)..Nov. 21st-Jan. 31st (draw only)
- The deadline for applying for one of the special, draw-only licenses is April 5, 2016.
- Archery licenses for Elk and Dear are unlimited and are available over the counter.
- Archery, Muzzleloader, and Rifle licenses for Mule Deer are issued by drawing only.
- All muzzleloader licenses are by special draw only.
- The 1st rifle season (Separate Limited Elk) and the 4th rifle season (Combined Deer/Elk) are available only through the draw.
- Rifle licenses for Cow Elk are only available through the draw or leftover licenses.
- Private Land, Either Sex licenses are also available by special drawing.
- Anyone born on or after January 1, 1949, must have completed an approved hunter education course before applying for a license. Colorado honors hunter education courses from other states.
- Colorado license fees for Elk are: Bull - resident: $46; non-resident: $616; Cow - resident: $46; non-resident: $461.
- Colorado license fees for Mule Deer are: resident: $31; non-resident: $371.
- A $10 Habitat Stamp is required plus a $3 application fee for limited licenses in the draw.
- If you miss the special draw deadline, there are generally some leftover licenses available through the Colorado Division of Wildlife (this does not include Muzzleloader - bull).