Colorado DOW hunting
- Wilderness Guided Hunts
You will find comfortable lodging in 16' x 24' wall tents with gas burning heaters, and cots with foam pads. Western style meals are prepared by our experienced cooks. Meals include a hearty hot breakfast and dinner and cold lunches and snacks for the trail. Fresh produce, fruit and meats are prepared daily.
Our guides are knowlegeab1e about the country, game, horses, and needs of their clients. We hunt from horses except during the stalk of game. Bookings allow for 8 hunters in each camp, to provide you with a quality service and a memorable hunt.
We also offer guided big horn sheep and goat hunts.
- Drop Camp Archery
Improved Drop Camp: Two (2) hour horseback ride to camp; equipment (pre set-up) includes 2 wall tents (without floors) with stove, cots, lanterns with fuel, cook gear, and cut firewood. Your food and you are packed in and out, plus packing all game taken on your hunt. Camps in game management unit 43. we will check on you at least once during the hunt.
- Antelope, White Tail and Mule Deer Plains Hunts
(Eastern Colorado and Western Kansas)
- 3-5 day Western Kansas White Tail hunts.
This hunt includes lodging, food, 2-on-1 guide service and pheasant hunting. We have farmhouse accommodations for our hunters and non-hunters. This is an action-packed early December hunt where you will see 5-15 bucks a day! We are hunting spot and stock and we'll use ground blinds when necessary.
$2, 850-$4, 350 per hunter
Ask about our rates for kids and non-hunters.
- 5-Day Eastern Colorado Rifle
Mule Deer and White Tail Hunts
This hunt includes lodging, food, 2-on-1 guide service in units 99, 104, 105, 106, 109, 116, 117. We can get landowner vouchers for some ofthese units at additional rates.
- 3-day Eastern Colorado Pronghorn hunts.
This hunt includes 1-on-1 or 2-on-1 guide service. This is an action-packed spot and stock hunt with very high success rates.
Lodging & meals included.
A deposit of 50% of the total booked price is required.
If it is necessary to cancel a hunt, the client must do so by June 1st in order for a deposit to be refunded (10% will be held for processing costs.) On any cancellation, a deposit may be transferred to a mutually agreeable hunter. Remainder is due 30 days prior to depaning for camp. For reservations and directions to our office, call:
970-928-0723 For reservations and directions to our office, call:
970-928-0723 Wilderness Reference List John Rogers Grand Junction, CO 970-640-6560 Frank Bydalek Kenosha, WI 262-942-9462 Al Crews Clarksville, GA 706-947-1256 Plains Reference List Joel Crissman Denver, CO 303-886-9786 Frank Manning Cleveland, GA 706-878-0751 Al Crews Clarksville, GA 706-947-1256 Hunter Checklist
- 500 square inches of Blaze Orange outerwear;
hat and vest, required by law for Muzzldoading and Rifle seasons.
- Heavy jacket
- Wool pants, jeans (one pair each, minimum)
- Long underwear
- Wool shirt and socks
- Leather boots
- Waterproof, insulated boots
- Two pair gloves (light & heavy)
- Warm sleeping bag and pillow
- Camera, case and lots of film (videos okay)
- Head Lamp/Batteries
- Four game bags minimum (for meat)
- Waterproofer for boots
- 50 feet of parachute cord
- Pocket hand warmers
- One pair of slippers or camp shoes
- 40 rounds of ammo
- Day pack (for lunch, flashlight, water, etc.)
- Cough syrup and cold pills/medication
- Emergency fire starter
- Plastic water jug (one quart)
- I pair of sunglasses with hard case
- Rain poncho or suit
- If available, one extra gun locked in vehicle per group
- Warm hat with bill and ear flaps (orange)
- Knit face mask or stocking cap (orange)
- Flagging tape to trace kill
- Scope covers
- Snow gaiters
- Oil rag to clean off gun
- Matches in waterproof case
- Water purifier pump (Drop Camp only)
- Meat saw (Drop Camp only)
- Sleeping pad (Drop Camp only)
- Rifle scabbard (Drop Camp only)